New I-9 form available now: must switch by April 30
February 7, 2020
By: Lucas Sjostrom, executive director
On January 31, the U.S. Customs and Immigration Services (USCIS) added a new I-9 via the Federal Register. Minnesota Milk encourages all dairies to begin using the new form immediately, as the current form may only be used until April 30, 2020.
USCIS updated the following in the form instructions:
- Clarified who can act as an authorized representative on behalf of an employer
- Updated USCIS website addresses
- Provided acceptable document clarifications
- Updated the process for requesting the paper Form I-9
- Updated the DHS Privacy Notice
Employers can download the new I-9 form here: https:\/\/www.mnmilk.org//www.mnmilk.org//www.uscis.gov/i-9
For more information, visit I-9 Central or join a free Form I-9 webinar.